Bismillah hir Rehman nir Rahim,
Assalamu’alikum wa Rahamtullahi wa Barakatuh,
As we are going to start our gratitude journal from Saturday, I thought it would be nice to give you some tips on how to maintain it in sha Allah.
1) When you wake up each morning smile and say Alhamdulillah (All thanks to Allah). Then tell yourself “I’ll look for things to be grateful today, in sha Allah.”
2) When you see yourself slacking, please remind yourself that you are doing this to bring happiness, positivity, and productivity not only into your life but also into the life of people around you, in sha Allah. So, please maintain consistency in sha Allah (God willing).
3) Write one gratitude at the beginig of the day, and one before going to sleep in sha Allah.
4) If you repeatedly mention the same things over and over, then try looking for the small things you might have missed out. For example: a delicious meal by your Mom, or the cuddling of your pet, etc.
5) You can also take a pic of the thing you are grateful for.
6) To snap out of depression and stress go back and read over your journal entries in sha Allah.
7) If you write about a person in your journal then you can send them a pic of your journal entry, or email them a copy of it, or send them a link to your blog post. This will strengthen the bond between you in sha Allah.
Hope you all benefit from this “30 Day Gratitude Journal” in sha Allah.